The newly started IITs from 2008 are:-
1. IIT Gandhinagar http://www.iitgn.ac.in/
2. IIT Ropar,Punjab http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/
3. IIT Patna https://www.iitp.ac.in/
4. IIT Hyderabad http://www.iith.ac.in/
5. IIT Bhubaneswar http://www.iitbbs.ac.in/
6. IIT Rajasthan http://www.iitj.ac.in/
Admission to other institutes based on IIT-JEE 2012 ranks
Candidates should note that the institutes listed below will admit students based on the IIT-JEE 2012 ranks. They are advised to apply seperately to these institutes and visit the respective website for more details.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli for admission to the following B.Tech courses
- B. Tech in Petroleum Engineering (earlier called Petroleum Reservoir and Production Engineering) – 40 seats
- B. Tech in Chemical Engineering (earlier called Petroleum Refining Engineering) – 35 seats
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) for admission to their 5 year integrated Master of Science (MS) program. The various disciplines in the 5 Years’ Integrated Masters Programme at various IISERs are: Chemistry, mathematics, Physics. Optional/inter-disciplinary courses being taught are: Computer Science, Earth Science.